Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) in Newport Beach California
Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that involves removing excess skin and fat from the abdomen and tightening the abdominal muscles. The procedure is designed to improve the appearance of the abdomen by creating a smoother, firmer, and more toned appearance.
There are several reasons why someone might consider tummy tuck surgery. One common reason is to address excess skin and fat that is resistant to diet and exercise. This can be a result of significant weight loss, pregnancy, or aging. Tummy tuck surgery can also be used to repair abdominal muscles that have been stretched or separated, a condition known as diastasis recti.
Tummy tuck surgery is generally considered safe when performed by a qualified plastic surgeon. However, as with any surgical procedure, there are risks and potential complications that should be carefully considered before undergoing the procedure. These risks may include infection, bleeding, scarring, and reaction to anesthesia.
The tummy tuck procedure is typically performed under general anesthesia and can take several hours to complete. The specific technique used will depend on the extent of the procedure and the individual’s specific needs. The most common technique involves making an incision along the lower abdomen, removing excess skin and fat, and tightening the abdominal muscles. The incision is then closed with sutures, and a compression garment is worn to help support the treated area during the healing process.
Recovery from tummy tuck surgery can take several weeks. Patients can expect to experience swelling, bruising, and discomfort after the procedure, which should resolve over time. It’s important to follow the surgeon’s instructions for care after the procedure, including wearing a compression garment, taking prescribed medications, and avoiding strenuous activities.
The results of tummy tuck surgery are generally long-lasting, provided that the patient maintains a healthy diet and exercise routine after the procedure. However, it’s important to note that the procedure is not a substitute for weight loss or a healthy lifestyle, and it’s not intended for individuals who are significantly overweight.
In conclusion, tummy tuck surgery is a surgical procedure that can be used to improve the appearance of the abdomen by removing excess skin and fat and tightening the abdominal muscles. The plastic surgery procedure is generally considered safe when performed by a qualified plastic surgeon, but it’s important to carefully consider the risks and potential complications before deciding to undergo the procedure. Recovery can take several weeks, and the results are generally long-lasting, provided that the patient maintains a healthy lifestyle after the procedure.
View More Tummy Tuck Before and After Photos in our Photo Gallery
Tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is probably one of the most important procedures for a woman after she is done having children. Often, women’s bodies undergo irreversible changes after childbirth. The lower abdominal skin stretches, the inner layers of the abdominal wall stretch permanently and many stretch-marks occur.
Stretch marks are actually tears in the dermis, or lower portion, of the skin. They are irreversible! There are no creams or lotions that will work to reduce them. The only to remove them is through surgical excision.
The goals of the surgery are to both remove the lower abdominal skin while keeping the scar hidden. This can reduce the hair of the lower abdomen (and mean less shaving). The other goal is to tighten the waist-line with internal suture techniques, leaving a more pleasing curvature of the abdomen.
Dr. Bain understands the goals of patients. His philosophy is that all of the above should be done while keeping a scar hidden so well that a patient should be able to wear a thong or g-string if they so desire. Dr. Bain often performs liposuction in conjunction with this procedure to help flatten the abdomen and contour the flanks. It a patient desires, the buttocks can be liposuctioned as can the upper hips through the same incision.
Recovery from Abdominoplasty Surgery
Recovery time from this procedure is usually about two to three weeks. The majority of the pain is gone by five days after surgery. Patients either stay over-night for observation or go home the evening of surgery. An abdominal corset or garment is worn for about three to four weeks after surgery depending upon how much liposuction is performed. Dr. Bain advises patients to take it easy for a few weeks and then start increasing activity as they are able. Usually, by four weeks after surgery a normal exercise routine can be back in full swing.
Facts about Abdominoplasty
1. Tummy tuck surgery, also known as abdominoplasty, is a procedure designed to remove excess skin and fat from the abdominal area.
2. The procedure can also help to restore weakened or separated muscles, creating an abdominal profile that is smoother and firmer.
3. Tummy tuck surgery is commonly performed in Newport Beach, California, due to its proximity to Los Angeles and its reputation as a world-renowned aesthetic center.
4. The procedure is usually done under general anesthesia, and typically takes two to five hours to complete.
5. During the procedure, the surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen, just above the pubic area.
6. The surgeon will then remove excess skin and fat, and may also tighten the abdominal muscles.
7. The incision is then closed with sutures and the patient is placed in a compression garment to help reduce swelling and support the abdomen.
1. The average cost of a tummy tuck in Newport Beach, California is $12,500 (American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2019).
2. The average recovery time for a tummy tuck in Newport Beach is 6-8 weeks (American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2019).
3. The average number of tummy tuck procedures performed in Newport Beach in 2018 was 1,845 (American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2019).
4. The average age of patients who undergo tummy tuck procedures in Newport Beach is 42 (American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2019).
5. The average satisfaction rate for tummy tuck procedures in Newport Beach is 97% (American Society of Plastic Surgeons, 2019).
Michael Bain MD offers other body surgery procedures like liposuction, body lift surgery after weight loss, and labiaplasty.
For a consultation contact Orange County Ca board certified plastic surgeon Michael Bain MD for more information about having a tummy tuck in Newport Beach California.